Interesting picks from youtube entertainment

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tzatziki - Greek Food Recipe






MORE RECIPES: greekgourmand.blogspot.com I receive several requests every month for a Tzatziki sauce recipe, so I finally decided to oblige and provide my own take on the famous dip. If you enjoy Tzatziki, you will love this recipe for the ultimate Greek food condiment for meat dishes, sandwiches, pita, and crackers. Creating a recipe video is always a learning experience. This is my first cameo appearance in an instructional Greek cooking video (I have to admit, I was a little nervous), so there is much room for improvement from a presentational, technical, and production value standpoint. On the other hand, I believe my recipe for a classic Tzatziki sauce leaves very little room for improvement, as the result is simply excellent - even if I do say so myself. Rich and creamy, with a bold garlicky flavour mingled with the freshness of the cucumber and dill, this sauce (or dip, or salad) will have you, your family, friends, and guests coming back for more. Just make sure to refrigerate it well before serving as the flavours need some time to coalesce in order to impart the full gustatory sense of this "salad" that eats like a sauce. Let me just say that I likely could have edited this video until the cows came home (figuratively of course, we don't have a dairy farm), but I am happy with the recipe, so I decided to publish it as is. My one solace: I am quite certain that after watching this Greek recipe video, you will not easily forget how to make a great Tzatziki sauce ...

25 comments:

  1. lol the intro song is in "my big fat greek wedding" gotta love that film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! At last i know how to pernounce that dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, a person on Youtube, that uploads a video with the CORRECT AUTHENTIC recipe of making "tzatziki".

    I am Greek, and I approve this recipe. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow really nice! i would put more dill though, about twice the quantity indicated, but then again, it's just my personal taste. kalo s/kyriako apo vrykselles

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff, a pleasant and refreshing flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Greek cuisine is the most healthiest and is best for the heart! im visiting greece this year and specifically athens. i just cant wait to taste that traditional greek salad with the awesome white cheese! there are so many raditional dishes to choose from.Gyros, spanakopita, souvlaki, and baklava!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tzatziki is so good! i can put it on anything

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DorisErikssonisCRAZYApril 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM

    that stuff is AMAZING on baked potatoes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is some honkin thick tzatziki man! Looks amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gamhmene sam awesome
    sou gamame thn mana
    toulaxiston plhsiases thn kanonikh synagh

    ReplyDelete
  13. garlic pickle and yogurt
    nice music must be a really modern Greek tune.

    ReplyDelete
  14. of course you don't...it's subconscious. enjoy your far flung phallic dreams, odynhros. giggles

    ReplyDelete
  15. wtf are you talking about? i don't get it

    ReplyDelete
  16. poly oraio to tzatziki sou sam awesome !!
    nice work i wish i had some .go veg!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you're just projecting an unconscious desire on an english cucumber. make sure you get the waxed variety if you intend to act out your fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks delicious! can't wait to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice work, we liked your video very much so we embedded it on ChefCommons w/ link back and reference to Youtube. (Let us know if you don't wish for it to be featured)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could we just use the commercial 'Greek' yoghurt?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes you can. If it's strained you won't need to strain it further, but if not, then you will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bravo Sam! Now I can make my on gyros properly! I love the new videos, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think this is a great recipe! Very authentic, and very well presented.

    I'd only like to add that one can really play fast and loose with most of the quantities according to personal taste (for instance, I'd probably use double the cucumber or more).

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think perhaps you just don't like dill, but that doesn't mean that all Greeks feel it "ruins" tzatziki, in fact, quite the contrary.

    Besides, it works with your "three-color" theory as it's also a lovely bright green which looks very pretty within!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Labels